Are you a socialist?
As Fredrick Douglass said in 1857, "If there is no struggle, there is no progress...Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will."
Join the ISO and demand a better world.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Our news & articlesRecent Posts
- The struggle ahead for Burlington teachers
- Why we’re supporting the Burlington teachers and you should too
- A battle looms for Burlington Teachers
- What would a Socialist revolution look like?
- Taking down the revolution?
From SocialistWorker.orgRecently posted
- Touch of evil December 9, 2016 Danny Katch
- Two poles of an evil duopoly December 8, 2016 Keith Rosenthal
- Saving jobs one corporate bribe at a time? December 8, 2016 Danny Katch
- Confronting the far-right threat at Purdue December 8, 2016 Bill Mullen
- An Islamophobic progressive? December 8, 2016 Ashley Smith
Unite and Fight
Watch or listen to some great political talks
Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet. PID=518583 in /home/partis5/public_html/vermontiso/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1870
WeAreMany.org: Recently posted audio
- 1934 in Minneapolis, Toledo, and San Francisco:: The Strikes That Paved the Way December 7, 20161934 in Minneapolis, Toledo, and San Francisco: The Strikes That Paved the Way Ken Love David Russitano Chris Morrill Socialism 2016 Labor & Unionsjohnsnowden
- The Social Crisis of the American City December 7, 2016The Social Crisis of the American City Kristen Sheets Elizabeth Lalasz Keegan O'Brien Socialism 2016 U.S. Politicsjohnsnowden
- The Dimensions of hegemony: Language, culture and politics in revolutionary Russia December 4, 2016The Dimensions of hegemony Language, culture and politics in revolutionary Russia Peter Thomas Craig Brandist Brendan McGeever Örsan Senalp Historical Materialism 2016 (London) Socialism & Marxismjohnsnowden
- Towards a Definition of Social Reproduction Theory December 4, 2016Towards a Definition of Social Reproduction Theory Ashok Kumar Tithi Bhattacharya Susan Ferguson David McNally Historical Materialism 2016 (London) Women Chair: Ashok Kumar Tithi Bhattacharya – The Ontology of Labour Power: Producing and Social Reproducing Capital Susan Ferguson – The Child, the Market, and Capitalism: a Social Reproduction Perspective on Children’s Subjectivities David McNally – […]johnsnowden
- From KXL to DAPL: The Fight for Indigenous Rights October 31, 2016From KXL to DAPL The Fight for Indigenous Rights Brian Ward Environment Today we are witness to a historic Indigenous resistance at Standing Rock in North Dakota. Thousands of people, representing over 200 Indigenous nations, along with supporters, have arrived at the Sacred Stone Spiritual Camp to stand up against the building of the Dakota […]jkurinsky
- The Return of World Economic Crisis October 10, 2016The Return of World Economic Crisis Lee Sustar Socialism 2016 Economicsjohnsnowden
- From Apartheid’s Fall to Marikana: Class Struggle in South Africa Today October 10, 2016From Apartheid’s Fall to Marikana Class Struggle in South Africa Today Aaron Amaral Socialism 2016 Internationaljohnsnowden
- From Up All Night to Mass Strikes: France Today October 10, 2016From Up All Night to Mass Strikes France Today Ugo Palheta Jonah Birch Socialism 2016 Internationaljohnsnowden
- Native Americans and Self-Determination September 14, 2016Native Americans and Self-Determination Brian Ward Socialism 2016 Racism & Civil Rightsjohnsnowden
- From Mexico to Québec: The New Student Movements September 4, 2016From Mexico to Québec The New Student Movements Myriam Leduc Emanuel Guay Luis Rangel Socialism 2016 International A discussion about recent student movements erupting in Québec and in Mexico and the political implications of these movements from organizers and participants within them.johnsnowden
- Families of Police Brutality Victims Speak Out September 4, 2016Families of Police Brutality Victims Speak Out Jeralynn Blueford Martinez Sutton Socialism 2016 Racism & Civil Rightsjohnsnowden
- Contested Hollywood: Race, Gender, and Class in Tinsel Town September 4, 2016Contested Hollywood Race, Gender, and Class in Tinsel Town Ryan Nanni Laura Durkay Rigo Gogol Socialism 2016 Art & Culture Cinema is one of the most popular and powerful art forms of our time, and it both reflects and shapes the class contradictions in our society. In that way, it has been and still is […]johnsnowden
- The Privatization of Care: From Childhood to the Elder Years September 4, 2016The Privatization of Care From Childhood to the Elder Years Monique Dols Socialism 2016 Healthcare From the attacks on public education, to the chipping away of medicare and medicaid, more and more responsibility for providing care for the very young and very old have been placed on private families. The impacts of these attacks are […]johnsnowden
- How to Start an International Socialist Organization Branch August 28, 2016How to Start an International Socialist Organization Branch Owen Hill Socialism 2016 Racism & Civil Rights This talk will sum up the arguments for the necessity of building a revolutionary socialist organization in the here and now before guiding attendees through the ABC methodology of starting an ISO branch as an individual or a small […]johnsnowden
- James Connolly and the Easter Rising of 1916 August 28, 2016James Connolly and the Easter Rising of 1916 Shaun Harkin Anthony Arnove Socialism 2016 Historyjohnsnowden
- What do Socialists Say About Imperialism? August 28, 2016What do Socialists Say About Imperialism? Steve Leigh Socialism 2016 International This talk will examine the Marxist view of imperialism focusing on Marx, Lenin, Bukharin, and Trotsky. It will also give an overview of the changes in imperialism since Lenin's time and how it fits with other political questions. Suggested Readings: Imperialism, the Highest Stage […]johnsnowden
- Marx and Nature August 28, 2016Marx and Nature Elizabeth Terzakis Socialism 2016 Environment Many on the left assume that Marx's focus on the working class and the development of industry prevented his giving proper attention to ecological issues. This talk examines various interpretations of Marx's writing on nature and suggest which of his ideas might prove most useful to present-day […]johnsnowden
- Ellen Meiksins Wood's The Retreat from Class August 28, 2016Ellen Meiksins Wood's The Retreat from Class Sofia Arias Socialism 2016 Socialism & Marxism A discussion on Ellen Meiksins Wood's defense of working-class politics and revolutionary marxism.johnsnowden
- Disability and the Russian Revolution August 28, 2016Disability and the Russian Revolution Keith Rosenthal Socialism 2016 History Owing to the dearth of written history on the topic, it may come as a surprise to learn that the issue of disability figured quite prominently in the socialist workers' revolution of 1917 in Russia. read morejohnsnowden
- Sex at Dawn: Sexuality Before Class August 28, 2016Sex at Dawn Sexuality Before Class Natalia Tylim Socialism 2016 Women Politics and human sexuality.johnsnowden