Are you a socialist?
As Fredrick Douglass said in 1857, "If there is no struggle, there is no progress...Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will."
Join the ISO and demand a better world.
Our news & articlesRecent Posts
- Why we’re supporting the Burlington teachers and you should too
- A battle looms for Burlington Teachers
- What would a Socialist revolution look like?
- Taking down the revolution?
- A cautionary tale from Vermont
From SocialistWorker.orgRecently posted
- Sorry not sorry October 21, 2016 Danny Katch
- Dario Fo's comic mysteries October 20, 2016 Colin Revolting
- His horror show hides Clinton's rotten agenda October 20, 2016 Elizabeth Schulte and Alan Maass
- Neutrality is not an option October 20, 2016 Pranav Jani
- A guide to the shallow ups and deeper downs October 20, 2016 Neil Loehlein
Unite and Fight
Watch or listen to some great political talks
Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet. PID=677516 in /home/partis5/public_html/vermontiso/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1870
WeAreMany.org: Recently posted audio
- The Return of World Economic Crisis October 10, 2016The Return of World Economic Crisis Lee Sustar Socialism 2016 Economicsjohnsnowden
- From Apartheid’s Fall to Marikana: Class Struggle in South Africa Today October 10, 2016From Apartheid’s Fall to Marikana Class Struggle in South Africa Today Aaron Amaral Socialism 2016 Internationaljohnsnowden
- From Up All Night to Mass Strikes: France Today October 10, 2016From Up All Night to Mass Strikes France Today Ugo Palheta Jonah Birch Socialism 2016 Internationaljohnsnowden
- Native Americans and Self-Determination September 14, 2016Native Americans and Self-Determination Brian Ward Socialism 2016 Racism & Civil Rightsjohnsnowden
- From Mexico to Québec: The New Student Movements September 4, 2016From Mexico to Québec The New Student Movements Myriam Leduc Emanuel Guay Luis Rangel Socialism 2016 International A discussion about recent student movements erupting in Québec and in Mexico and the political implications of these movements from organizers and participants within them.johnsnowden
- Families of Police Brutality Victims Speak Out September 4, 2016Families of Police Brutality Victims Speak Out Jeralynn Blueford Martinez Sutton Socialism 2016 Racism & Civil Rightsjohnsnowden
- Contested Hollywood: Race, Gender, and Class in Tinsel Town September 4, 2016Contested Hollywood Race, Gender, and Class in Tinsel Town Ryan Nanni Laura Durkay Rigo Gogol Socialism 2016 Art & Culture Cinema is one of the most popular and powerful art forms of our time, and it both reflects and shapes the class contradictions in our society. In that way, it has been and still is […]johnsnowden
- The Privatization of Care: From Childhood to the Elder Years September 4, 2016The Privatization of Care From Childhood to the Elder Years Monique Dols Socialism 2016 Healthcare From the attacks on public education, to the chipping away of medicare and medicaid, more and more responsibility for providing care for the very young and very old have been placed on private families. The impacts of these attacks are […]johnsnowden
- How to Start an International Socialist Organization Branch August 28, 2016How to Start an International Socialist Organization Branch Owen Hill Socialism 2016 Racism & Civil Rights This talk will sum up the arguments for the necessity of building a revolutionary socialist organization in the here and now before guiding attendees through the ABC methodology of starting an ISO branch as an individual or a small […]johnsnowden
- James Connolly and the Easter Rising of 1916 August 28, 2016James Connolly and the Easter Rising of 1916 Shaun Harkin Anthony Arnove Socialism 2016 Historyjohnsnowden
- What do Socialists Say About Imperialism? August 28, 2016What do Socialists Say About Imperialism? Steve Leigh Socialism 2016 International This talk will examine the Marxist view of imperialism focusing on Marx, Lenin, Bukharin, and Trotsky. It will also give an overview of the changes in imperialism since Lenin's time and how it fits with other political questions. Suggested Readings: Imperialism, the Highest Stage […]johnsnowden
- Marx and Nature August 28, 2016Marx and Nature Elizabeth Terzakis Socialism 2016 Environment Many on the left assume that Marx's focus on the working class and the development of industry prevented his giving proper attention to ecological issues. This talk examines various interpretations of Marx's writing on nature and suggest which of his ideas might prove most useful to present-day […]johnsnowden
- Ellen Meiksins Wood's The Retreat from Class August 28, 2016Ellen Meiksins Wood's The Retreat from Class Sofia Arias Socialism 2016 Socialism & Marxism A discussion on Ellen Meiksins Wood's defense of working-class politics and revolutionary marxism.johnsnowden
- Disability and the Russian Revolution August 28, 2016Disability and the Russian Revolution Keith Rosenthal Socialism 2016 History Owing to the dearth of written history on the topic, it may come as a surprise to learn that the issue of disability figured quite prominently in the socialist workers' revolution of 1917 in Russia. read morejohnsnowden
- Sex at Dawn: Sexuality Before Class August 28, 2016Sex at Dawn Sexuality Before Class Natalia Tylim Socialism 2016 Women Politics and human sexuality.johnsnowden
- Necessary Trouble: Americans in Revolt August 28, 2016Necessary Trouble Americans in Revolt Sarah Jaffe Mike Shea Flynn Murray Socialism 2016 U.S. Politics We are witnessing a moment of unprecedented political engagement and social activism. read morejohnsnowden
- Marxism and the Trade Unions August 28, 2016Marxism and the Trade Unions Tim Goulet Melissa Rakestraw Socialism 2016 Labor & Unions What is the Marxist analysis of trade unions? What is the Marxist approach to working inside them? What historical examples can we draw on to inform our trade union work today? Hal Draper, *Marxism and the Trade Unions* | https://www.marxists.org/archive/draper/1970/tus/ read […]johnsnowden
- The International Socialist Organization: Who We Are, Where We Stand, and What We Do August 27, 2016The International Socialist Organization Who We Are, Where We Stand, and What We Do Yoni Golijov Claire Baldi Camila Quarta Socialism 2016 Socialism & Marxism Learn about the politics of the ISO.johnsnowden
- Can The Police Be Reformed? August 22, 2016Can The Police Be Reformed? Sarah Levy Racism & Civil Rights This a recording of the presentation given at a meeting in August 2016 hosted by the Portland ISO.jkurinsky
- A People's Art History of the U.S. August 17, 2016A People's Art History of the U.S. Sarah Rougeau Sarah Levy Socialism 2016 Art & Culture Is there room for art in our movements? Is there room for movements in art? This talk will explore the history of the intersection of art and movements, as well as artists and activists, throughout the United States since […]johnsnowden