Are you a socialist?
As Fredrick Douglass said in 1857, "If there is no struggle, there is no progress...Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will."
Join the ISO and demand a better world.
July 6-9, 2017 in Chicago, IL
The Socialism Conference
Socialism 2017 is a four-day conference bringing together hundreds of socialists and radical activists from around the country to take part in discussions about Marxism, working-class history, and the debates and strategies for organizing today.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Our news & articlesRecent Posts
- Immigration police grab two more Migrant Justice activists
- Gov. Scott’s anti-teacher agenda in Vermont
- VERMONTERS! JOIN THE PICKET LINE!
- We’ll fight for Alex, Kike and Zully
- ICE’s war on immigrant organizers in Vermont
From SocialistWorker.orgRecently posted
- Seeing all the faces of the Russian Revolution July 20, 2017 Paul Le Blanc
- The YIMBYs push unaffordable housing July 20, 2017 Casie Stone
- Calling for decent jobs July 20, 2017 Jaswinder Blackwell-Pal
- The myth of the "Rust Belt reactionaries" July 20, 2017 Sharon Smith
- A North Carolina clinic under siege July 19, 2017 Dayna Long
Unite and Fight
Watch or listen to some great political talks
- From Syria to Palestine: Struggles Against Dictatorship, Imperialism, and Zionism June 12, 2017From Syria to Palestine Struggles Against Dictatorship, Imperialism, and Zionism Ashley Smith Ramah Kudaimi Joey Ayoub Shireen Akram-Boshar Jehad Abusalim International A panel at Left Forum - June 4th, 2017 read morejkurinsky
- Prospects for Syria: Revolution, Counter-Revolution, and Solidarity May 18, 2017Prospects for Syria Revolution, Counter-Revolution, and Solidarity Joseph Daher War & Antiwar Joseph Daher is a Syrian-Swiss writer and activist. He is the founder of the blog Syria Freedom Forever and a member of the Revolutionary Left Current in Syria. He is the author of Hezbollah: The Political Economy of Lebanon's Party of God (2016). […]jkurinsky
- Don't Bomb Syria! Let the Refugees In! May 5, 2017Don't Bomb Syria! Let the Refugees In! Wael Elasady War & Antiwar Speaker: Wael Elasady is a Syrian-Palestinian co-founder of Students United for Palestinian Equal Rights and long time member of the International Socialist Organization read morejkurinsky
- Resisting Imperialism: Free Palestine and End the Wars April 11, 2017Resisting Imperialism Free Palestine and End the Wars Khury Petersen-Smith War & Antiwar April 5th, 2017 Bostonjkurinsky
- Fascism: What It Is, How We Fight It April 1, 2017Fascism: What It Is, How We Fight It Bill Crane U.S. Politics Join the Asheville International Socialist Organization in Highsmith Student Union, Room 235 as we talk about the rise of the right in the US and across the world. We'll talk about questions like: What was fascism in Italy, Germany and Spain? Is there […]johnsnowden
- Women's Liberation and the Russian Revolution March 21, 2017Women's Liberation and the Russian Revolution Women The Women’s March on January 21, 2017, was the largest single day of protest in US history. 100 years ago on International Women’s Day, mass protests of women workers sparked the 1917 Russian Revolution that brought down a brutal authoritarian regime and, for a brief period, established the […]jkurinsky
- What Do Socialists Say About the State? January 2, 2017What Do Socialists Say About the State? Lucy Herschel Socialism 2016 Socialism & Marxism Socialism has often been associated with state control of the economy. Marx and Engels, however, identified the state with the control of one class over another, and argued that under a classless society, the state would wither away. This discussion will […]johnsnowden
- The Anatomy of Marx's Capital January 2, 2017The Anatomy of Marx's Capital Daniella Maher Socialism 2016 Socialism & Marxism This talk will explore the fundamental components of Marx's Capital.johnsnowden
- The Hidden History of the Iranian Revolution January 2, 2017The Hidden History of the Iranian Revolution Behzad Tehrani Socialism 2016 History The Iranian Revolution of 1979 continues to have profound effects for the people of Iran and the broader region in particular. Much has been written on the topic but mostly from an historical perspective: e.g. names, dates, events, etc. read morejohnsnowden
- Rosa Luxemburg and Karl Liebknecht January 2, 2017Rosa Luxemburg and Karl Liebknecht Axel Fair-Schulz William Pelz Socialism 2016 Socialism & Marxismjohnsnowden
- Capitalism, Class, and the Tech Economy January 2, 2017Capitalism, Class, and the Tech Economy Sid Patel Socialism 2016 Economics The tech economy is heralded as a disruptive break from the old ways of doing things, a new field where fortunes can be made overnight by innovative entrepreneurs. This talk will analyze the role of the tech economy in capitalism and the position of […]johnsnowden
- People Before Profit: The Fight Against Austerity in Ireland January 2, 2017People Before Profit The Fight Against Austerity in Ireland Gerry Carroll Socialism 2016 Internationaljohnsnowden
- The Darker the Night, the Brighter the Star: Trotsky's Struggle Against Stalinism December 20, 2016The Darker the Night, the Brighter the Star Trotsky's Struggle Against Stalinism Paul Le Blanc Tom Twiss Socialism 2016 Socialism & Marxism Leon Trotsky was an organizer of the Russian Revolution and a major opponent of its bureaucratic degeneration into the anti-democratic regime identified with Joseph Stalin. Trotsky's revolutionary Marxist analyses help us understand the […]johnsnowden
- Labor in the Digital Age: How New is the New Capitalism? December 20, 2016Labor in the Digital Age How New is the New Capitalism? Mukund Rathi Socialism 2016 Economics For every well-paid tech worker, there are countless workers who are intensely exploited, surveilled, and even enslaved. The digital age has proven to be no utopia. However, the Verizon strike and other struggles have shown the continuing power of […]johnsnowden
- How Could This Monster Win December 13, 2016How Could This Monster Win Joel Geier 2016 Northwest Marxism Day School U.S. Politicsjkurinsky
- Reaction, Reform, and Revolution December 13, 2016Reaction, Reform, and Revolution Meredith McIntyre 2016 Northwest Marxism Day School Socialism & Marxismjkurinsky
- Understanding Trump's Election December 13, 2016Understanding Trump's Election Wael Elasady 2016 Northwest Marxism Day School U.S. Politicsjkurinsky
- Why the Working Class Can Change the World December 13, 2016Why the Working Class Can Change the World Elizabeth Schulte 2016 Northwest Marxism Day School Socialism & Marxismjkurinsky
- Syria Panel: 2016 NSJP Conference December 13, 2016Syria Panel 2016 NSJP Conference Wael Elasady Ashley Smith International Since the start of the Syrian uprising six years ago, the Palestine solidarity movement has struggled with deep divides and confusion over how to take a clear stance on Syria. In the past few weeks the arguments within our movement have boiled over, forcing many […]jkurinsky
- 1934 in Minneapolis, Toledo, and San Francisco:: The Strikes That Paved the Way December 7, 20161934 in Minneapolis, Toledo, and San Francisco: The Strikes That Paved the Way Ken Love David Russitano Chris Morrill Socialism 2016 Labor & Unionsjohnsnowden